let's eating in kumamoto

a girl who loved to explore restaurants back home in california is now attempting to share her culinary adventures from kumamoto, japan. i will attempt to review any and all places that i end up stuffing myself at. because i have yet to be disappointed by any place i have eaten at here. 本当に!食べましょう!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

野の花 (nonohana) in 松橋町 (matsubase-machi, uki-shi)


this little cabin in the middle of rice paddies (i'm not kidding), is one of my most favorite eateries in uki city. located about a 10 minute drive south east of matsubase station, it is a bit of a treck, but well worth it. the restaurant prides itself on using the freshest vegetables (locally-grown), meats, and dairy products.

their lunch sets for ¥1000 include salad, soup, main dish (usually a pilaf or pasta), dessert, and coffee/milk to finish it all off. today i had their chicken and mushroom pilaf, with a cold pumpkin cream soup, with a berry sherbert for dessert. their regular menu ranges from pasta, to sandwiches, curry rice, pilaf, all in the range of about ¥700 to ¥900. their tofu and beef dorian is one of their most well-known dishes. its fabulous!
the staff is very friendly. the restaurant is quaint. the food is yummy. its something you definitely have to try.


info:
from 266 toward misumi, take a L at the 7-eleven/joyfull intersection. follow that road for about 1.5 km and you will see a sign on your left for 野の花。
open 11 to 10, last order at 9:30
closed: thursdays
telephone: 0964-33-6094
(party room available, 10 to 15 people)

3 Comments:

Blogger Malachi said...

This place sounds good. I wish I could see the ambiance inside. And these prices look scary to a foreigner!

2:03 PM  
Blogger mj said...

haha.. good point.. well its about ¥115 to $1... so if you basically put a decimal point two places in, then that's the conversion. so food over here is pretty affordable =)

3:34 PM  
Blogger o0oandreao0o said...

I need your help! I was in Kumamoto Jan-Feb 2006 at Camp Kengun with the US Army. I went to a restaurant not too far from the camp, and I think it was called Dona Dona. It was italian food, but they also had Japanese food. I got this appetizer that was like a spring roll, but it wasn't fried, and it had tuna, and this green sauce (not wasabi), it was sooooo good, and I don't know what it was called. I'll probably never get to go go Japan again, but I would love to try to re-create that appetizer! Do you know what I am talking about??

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home